15 Canny Alternatives for Busy Product Managers
Canny.io is a versatile feedback management and roadmap software that helps you to streamline your product management processes. However, if you have landed on this page, it is very likely that you are exploring alternatives to Canny in order to make an informed decision about the best product management software for your needs. There is numerous software that is similar to or even better than Canny. So without much ado, let's dive deep into those canny alternatives.
Here's a list of Canny alternatives we are going to discuss in this article:
- User Report
Why look for a Canny.io Alternative for Customer Feedback Management?
Given below are some of the major reasons why you should look for Canny alternatives.
High pricing is one of the primary reasons you should look for canny alternatives. It offers its growth plan at a whopping 400$/ month. This price makes it far-fetched for small businesses or startups.
Even in premium plans, Canny lacks white-labeling options, preventing users from removing the "Powered by Canny" branding. The limitation may turn off businesses seeking branded, fully customizable experiences.
Complicated User Interface
Even though the platform aims to streamline customer feedback management, new users might find the platform to be overwhelming and unintuitive.
Canny.io provides limited customization options, which may hinder companies seeking a more customized design and layout.
Now let's look at the Canny alternatives in detail.
Zeda.io is a product discovery and strategy platform. It helps product leaders identify problems to solve for customers and decide what to build next based on AI-powered actionable insights. In addition, it offers comprehensive feedback management systems, prioritization frameworks, roadmaps, changelogs, etc., for strategizing the entire product management cycle. Besides, it helps you measure a product's revenue impact on business and enables you to drive the desired outcomes.
In short, with Zeda.io, discover and build products that align with your business goals and customer requirements.
- Collect feedback from the white-labeled widget, customer portal, or other integrations like Slack, Email, and more.
- Convert feedback into actionable JIRA tickets for the development team to work on.
- Automated insights to deduce customer pain points and preferences.
- Use prioritization frameworks like RICE, Value-Effort, or custom frameworks to systematically and strategically prioritize features.
- Proprietary scoring system (ZCN) to assess delivery confidence in real-time for faster and more successful product delivery.
If you are a startup(less than 24 months old and with less than $5M funding), Zeda.io offers an 80% discount on its price. It also provides two other plans, including PRO and SET UP. The PRO plan costs $49 per month and $588 per creator/year.
Productboard is a product management tool designed to help teams understand customer needs, prioritize features, and align stakeholders around the product roadmap. This comprehensive platform streamlines collecting feedback, making informed decisions, and effectively communicating the product vision.
- Collect and organize customer feedback and ideas from various sources in a centralized location.
- Utilize data-driven prioritization frameworks to determine the most impactful features to develop.
- Create visually appealing and easy-to-understand product roadmaps that communicate the product vision and feature timelines.
- Set up distinct feedback channels for different audiences, allowing for targeted collection and analysis of user input.
ProductBoard offers an Essentials plan starting at $20 per user per month. It provides other plans like PRO, Scale and Enterprise. PRO costs $80 per month, and the latter has custom prices.
Aha! is a comprehensive product development software suite that offers robust road mapping, idea management, and collaboration tools to help teams create, prioritize, and execute their product vision. With a variety of modules available, Aha enables users to effectively crowdsource ideas, prioritize features, and track progress throughout development.
- Conduct scenario analyses and explore potential outcomes to inform decision-making.
- Set goals and initiatives to link them to key features and roadmap.
- Assess the financial implications of various product strategies and initiatives.
- Have more transparency among teams to build the product on time.
Aha has different prices for its different modules. The roadmap tool powered by Aha is available at 59$ per month, and its idea management costs 39$ per month.
Roadmunk is a product management platform that helps you create intuitive product roadmaps to communicate and develop high-level product strategies. It enables you to add custom fields to product roadmaps so that you can customize them and improve your experience.
Here are the Roadmunk key features:
- View your product roadmap in the swimlane or timeline view and create multiple roadmaps for a single data set.
- Export your product roadmaps in different formats like URL, HTML, and PNG.
- Integrate JIRA with your roadmap for seamless data synchronization.
- Manage customer feedback/ feature requests and prioritize features using RICE and Value-effort prioritization models.
Roadmunk pricing starts with its starter pack and it costs 19$ per month. The business and professional plans cost $49 and $99, respectively. You will have to connect with their team to learn about the Enterprise pricing details.
Pendo is a product experience platform that offers product experience and digital adoption solutions to lead product-led development strategies. In addition to user feedback collection and roadmap creation, the platform provides tools for tracking user behavior, analyzing product usage, and creating targeted in-app messaging campaigns. This helps teams understand what their users are doing and how to improve the product to create better experiences.
- Get in-depth information about how users use your product, including what features they use the most, where they lose interest, and how they navigate through it.
- In-app guidance to help users understand how to use new features or get the most out of the product.
- Use in-app surveys or feedback widgets to collect user feedback from users directly within the product.
- Easily link user feedback or feature requests to specific items on your product roadmap for better prioritization.
The pricing details of different plans are not available on the website of Pendo. However, you can get started with Pendo's free version to explore the platform.
Frill is a customer feedback management tool that aids you in collecting, prioritizing, and updating the feedback progress. It helps customers to add ideas and to upvote them. In this way, you will be able to prioritize features and make decisions on what to build next.
- Customer-friendly interface allows users to add and upvote ideas easily.
- Customers can view the progress of their feedback and also comment on them.
- This can be a good alternative for Canny as it is completely customizable to integrate into your product based on your brand colors and themes.
- Automated emails are available to keep customers informed.
Frill has two different pricing tiers: Startup and Growth. The Startup tier starts at $25 per month and offers the opportunity to add extras like white labeling, limitless ideas, and privacy for a fee. The Growth tier is $149 per month and includes all the Startup tier add-ons.
Upvoty is a user feedback collection tool that helps you decide what feature you should work on next. Upvoty offers multiple features like a feedback collection tool, customer-facing roadmaps, and changelogs to close the feedback loop.
- Track feedback internally and externally (public view).
- Update product roadmap with just a click.
- Customize product status labels for better clarity.
- Website widgets are available to facilitate feedback collection.
Three pricing options are available through Upvoty: Power for $15 per month, Super Power for $39 per month, and Unlimited Power for $75 per month. The plans include features like a product roadmap, widgets, internal comments, and Zapier, Intercom, and Slack integrations.
Trello is a project management and collaboration tool that helps you to organize your tasks, ideas, and projects using cards, lists, and boards. It allows you to visualize and manage your work more effectively and efficiently. Trello offers a variety of features, such as checklists, due dates, attachments, and labels, to help teams stay organized.
- Organize your work using boards that contain multiple lists and cards.
- Customize your workflows using custom lists, labels, and statuses corresponding to your team's workflow.
- Teams can communicate in real-time and share information, including comments, attachments, and mentions.
- Stay on top of deadlines and monitor progress by setting due dates and reminders for cards.
Standard, Premium, and Enterprise are the three plans available from Trello, and they are priced at $5, $10, and $17.50, respectively. The $17.50 Enterprise package is for 50 users, and the price increases in line with the number of team members.
UserVoice is a feedback management software that helps you streamline your feedback collection process, enhance your product development strategy, and align your teams while keeping your customers engaged. UserVoice aids you in building products that are in line with the company goals and customer requirements.
- Customizable feedback widgets can be embedded on your website or product.
- Feedback analytics to monitor trending ideas, sorting input based on customer and market segments, and calculating consumer requests' return on investment (ROI).
- Keep the team aligned with the help of a centralized roadmap.
- Adjust the appearance of the feedback widget and forum to fit your branding.
UserVoice has four pricing levels to accommodate businesses of all sizes and needs: Essentials starting at $699/month, Pro starting at $899/month, Premium starting at $1,349/month, and Enterprise with custom pricing.
Savio is a product management software focusing on feedback management and closing the feedback loop. Savio offers comprehensive reporting and analytics features that aid in understanding user behavior, monitoring feature adoption rates, and observing customer feedback trends. They provide centralized feedback tools, feature prioritization, and roadmaps to close the feedback loop.
- Feedback segmentation to comprehend what customers need.
- Voting boards can be enabled or disabled to avoid feedback bias.
- Multiple integrations like email, voting board, feedback forms, etc., to collect feedback.
- Measure cumulative revenue of each feedback to inform prioritization.
Savio offers three pricing plans: SMB for $49/month, Growth for $99/month, and Scaling for $199/month. In addition, the plans offer different numbers of teammates, allowing businesses of varying sizes to manage their feedback and product roadmap efficiently.
Feedbear is a feedback management system that helps you collect and prioritize customer feedback based on customer upvotes. In addition to this, Feedbear also offers a customer-facing roadmap and changelog to facilitate the process of closing the feedback loop.
- Automatically notify customers about the latest developments of their feedback.
- Merge similar feedback to avoid wastage of time.
- Set your own domain using your branding and logo for a seamless experience. This feature makes it one of the best Canny alternatives.
- Create multiple boards, like bugs, ideas, etc., for easy feedback segmentation.
The three pricing tiers offered by FeedBear are Startup ($49/month), Business ($99/month), and Enterprise ($499/month). In addition, the plans come with various features, including custom branding, integrations with popular tools, unlimited users, boards, and ideas, as well as dedicated support and custom branding.
12. User Report
User Report is another platform that focuses on feedback collection to provide you with valuable customer insights to drive product growth. It offers a survey widget and feedback widget that can be easily integrated into your platform. These enable you to understand customer preferences and their satisfaction with your product.
- NPS breakdown by demographic; hence, you can gain insight into which segments of customers are most satisfied.
- Integration with google analytics to deduce valuable customer behavior insights.
- The most popular requests are pushed to the top of the list of feature requests.
The pricing details of the User Report are not available on their website.
Nolt is a feedback management software that allows you to gain insights into customer requirements and preferences. This software intents to give you clarity on what to build next. Also, using customer feedback, you can create roadmaps to strategize your product development process better.
- Set private or public privacy settings for your feedback board.
- End users can contribute their feedback without logging in.
- Personalize the platform to match your brand color and personality.
- The platform is multilingual, enabling you to comprehend your customers' feedback.
- Customize feedback to reflect your unique workflows.
Nolt charges $25 per board, and users who pay this have access to all their features without any restrictions on the number of users.
Hellonext is a product management tool that allows businesses to gather customer feedback, prioritize feature requests, and communicate product updates to them. It comprises feedback boards, product roadmaps, and changelogs to stay in sync with customer requirements and build their desired products.
- Collect customer feedback with the help of private or public boards.
- Prioritize feedback to build your product roadmap.
- Embed product roadmap anywhere to update customers about product developments.
- Customize and embed the changelog widget and keeps the customers up-to-date.
Take Flight and Fly High are two preliminary plans that provide increasing levels of customization, admin support, and integrations at $49, and $99, respectively. You will have to talk to their team to learn about the pricing of the Enterprise plan.
Userback is another feedback management tool that aids you in capturing the essence of your customer feedback. It helps you identify your users' pain points and enhance customer satisfaction while reducing churn.
- Based on user importance, you can prioritize features and fix bugs.
- Accelerate bug resolution through development, UAT, QA, and post-release phases.
- Screenshots, notes, videos, and session replays can be submitted along with feedback.
- Engage users with Feedback Portal for roadmaps, voting, and task tracking.
Userback offers three tiers of plans, including Startup, Company, and Premium. Startup and Company costs $59 and $119 monthly, respectively, and the Premium plan costs $217. The number of users and projects varies depending on the plan.
Which Canny Competitor is Right for You?
Zeda.io offers all the features that Canny offer and a lot more at a very affordable price. Through Zeda.io, you can gather valuable customer insights and prioritize the most impactful ones using multiple metrics. Unlike Canny, Zeda.io lets you personalize the customer portal and widgets through white labeling, ensuring a seamless customer experience.
Read Canny vs Zeda for an in-depth comparison of both platforms.
It not only empowers you to find the best opportunities but also to measure the outcomes of the products that you ship. In addition to customer feedback, Zeda.io takes into account revenue, analytics, feedback, user research, and account health data to better prioritization and product decisions. All these reasons make Zeda the right choice for you.
“What comes to my mind instantly when I think about Zeda.io is: It is the best tool for product managers.”- says Gokul Prabhu, Product Manager at Nimble
The most crucial aspect that sets Zeda.io apart from its competitors is that it provides the tools to strategically drive your product development life. Wait no more! Book your demo now!
Table of content
What are the top Canny alternatives for product management?
The top 15 alternatives of Canny are: Zeda.io, Productboard, Aha, Roadmunk, Pendo, Frill, Upvoty, Trello, UserVoice, Savio, Feedbear, User Report, Nolt, HelloNext, Userback.
Who is the #1 Canny alternative?
Zeda.io is the #1 Canny alternative as it offers all the Canny features and more to add value to your product discovery and strategy processes. In addition, Zeda.io comes at a much more affordable price than Canny making it affordable and accessible for all levels of companies.
How does Canny compare to Zeda?
Zeda offers a comprehensive feedback management system to build your products faster and better. You can use custom prioritization feedback frameworks in addition to RICE and Value-Effort. Zeda.io enables you to build products that align with your business and customer objectives. In terms of customizations, feature roadmaps, goal alignments, and customer updates, Zeda.io offers everything that Canny does not.
Join 6000+ product managers
Subscribe to get our weekly product newsletter and helpful resources right into your inbox.
Everything a Product Manager needs, now in one place
Zeda.io is the smarter, simpler, and more efficient way to plan and execute your product management with your stakeholders