Roadmunk vs Aha!: Which One is Better?
What is Roadmunk?
Roadmunk is web-based software and a roadmap tool used for visualizing and sharing attractive roadmaps for product management. It allows teams to efficiently collaborate and choose from several ready-to-use templates. These templates can be imported into CSV or integrated with Jira to turn existing projects into a roadmap.
Product managers and team members can work together on roadmaps and share plans across the company, discuss initiatives and use prioritization techniques to determine the urgency of features. Roadmunk offers two types of visualization- timeline and swimlane allowing users to tailor the roadmap to any audience by creating multiple views from one data set.
What is Aha!?
Aha! Is a cloud-based and end-to-end product management solution. It combines core product management tools with roadmapping functionality to effectively manage the entire project lifecycle. From conceptualization to implementation, Aha! enables users to work collaboratively on the platform helping them produce visual roadmaps and efficient business strategies.
It offers a centralized framework allowing users and other organizations to interact, share and collaborate with each other ensuring smooth information flow. It offers several tools for portfolio management, requirement management, marketing strategy planning, release management, idea management and so on.
Roadmunk vs Aha - Integrations
Roadmunk offers Azure DevOps and Jira integration where users can set up data to automatically sync on schedule or use manual sync for complete control. Users can use both Swimlane and Timeline views to create crystal clear strategies for time and resource allocation in Jira. Roadmunk’s integration for Jira offers a two-way sync, one-way sync, custom JQL, automatic date mapping, intelligent field mapping, and support for the Jira cloud and server.
Roadmunk’s API allows integration with your favourite tools for roadmap planning and execution. The API is enabled across Roadmunk’s idea and feedback management suite.
Aha! Offers integration with more than 30 tools for development, collaboration, sales and support. These tools include Azure DevOps, Slack, Jira, Google Analytics, Microsoft Teams, Salesforce, Zendesk, popular calendar software and more. They have also announced integration with Rally Milestones and Atlassian confluence recently. Aha!’s REST API can also be used with any programming language.
Roadmunk vs Aha - Features
Road Map Creation
Roadmunk enables users to create visually appealing and collaborative roadmaps. With the help of Jira or Excel, users can import CSV data to the platform to generate their own roadmaps from Roadmunk’s built-in templates. Users can also integrate their data, share and even visualize a product portfolio. Users can print roadmaps, export them in PowerPoint or PNG format and share them via links.
Customizable design and filter options
Roadmunk offers several design options along with advanced filters that can be easily customized. It allows users to remain flexible and experiment at the same time so that they can design their plans as intended. You can add your logo and colour palette to reflect your brand image.
Effortless Presentation Experience
Roadmunk helps users view different angles of the same data being presented i.e the same data can be displayed to different teams in different ways. End users can make use of the ready-made templates to make presentations and grasp relevant details of the data.
Roadmunk allows its users to seamlessly share information and collaborate with different stakeholders. Users can instantly create boardroom-ready slides by exporting the roadmap to PNG and share an interactive HTML or password-protected URL version of the roadmap. Users can also mention any member of the team.
Admins can control the level of access given to every member of the team. With three permission settings, users can ensure the security of sensitive files and documents by giving access to only authorized users.
Aha! enables users to build viable strategies, capture customer ideas and prioritize features. It allows users to set strategic goals and visions to create a view of the future. Users can use the business modelling tools to articulate value propositions, key advantages, go-to-market plans and more. It also offers tools for defining your strategic vision, tracking competition, identifying initiatives, creating customer personas, setting budgets, tracking ROI, and more. Users can collect and manage ideas in an idea portal and communicate with the team. With enhanced Kanban board features, users can score each story and optimize their backlog. Aha! Offers 6 visual road mapping templates to choose from.
Aha! offers tools to help the marketing teams strategize and plan their marketing activities effectively. The tool allows them to coordinate their activities across teams where they can see all the initiatives and campaigns in a single place. It allows users to assign to-dos to teams, collaborate on deliverables, track dependencies and streamline the approval process. There is also a report feature that shows the impact of performance when targets are achieved. Reports feature also helps in improving program effectiveness by allowing users to track and share the ROI of key campaigns and share results.
The Notes feature
Aha!’s note feature allows users to capture and share ideas and information in a central place. Users can create wiki-like notes, write and edit text, add tables embed images, and use a markdown to format text. With the help of notes, users can consolidate feedback, share thoughts and accelerate the decision-making process.
Aha! offers real-time collaborative editing. This means when multiple people are editing notes or descriptions field users can see all other editors’ names as flags. The flags move in real-time ensuring transparency and effective collaboration. All other product functionalities like features, epics, and initiatives have a comment section where team members can communicate while working. The collaboration tool also allows users to share visual plans, such as timelines to coordinate cross-functional teams efficiently.
Roadmunk vs Aha - Pricing
Starter: $19 per user, per month (billed annually).
Business: $49 per user, per month (billed annually).
Professional: $99 per user, per month (billed annually).
Enterprise: Custom. Contact Roadmunk for pricing.
Roadmunk offers a 14-day free trial for all plans. There are no free plans in Roadmunk.
- The starter plan is offered to single users,
- The business plan is ideal for small teams who want to collaborate on road mapping.
- Professional plan is ideal for scaling teams with advanced security and support.
- Enterprise plan is ideal when you want to find alignment across your whole organization with everything custom-made.
Premium: $59.00 per user per month
Enterprise: $99.00 per user per month
Enterprise+: $149.00 per user per month *All plans are billed annually.
Aha! offers a 30-day free trial and no free plans.
- The premium plan includes all the features needed to set strategy, build roadmaps, create plans, prioritize work, gather feedback, report on progress and share presentations.
- Enterprise is the most popular plan that includes premium plan features with unlimited viewers and reviewers.
- Enterprise+ offers advanced features like automation rules, custom worksheets, work requests, advanced license management, anti-virus scanning, IP address control and more.
Roadmunk vs Aha - Support and Documentation
Roadmunk offers cloud, SaaS-based and web-based deployment. Support is available in the form of email/help desk, FAQs/Forums, knowledge base, 24/7 (live rep) and chat. Training is available in person, live, online, webinars, documentation and videos.
Aha! offers cloud, SaaS-based and web-based deployment, desktops and mobile (android and iOS) Support is available in the form of email/help desk, FAQs/Forums, knowledge base, 24/7 (live rep) and chat. Training is available, live, online, webinars, documentation and videos.
Roadmunk vs Aha - Security
Roadmunk is ISO/IEC 27001 certified, the world’s leading standard for information security management. Roadmunk has also completed an independent third-party audit of its own management and data systems in addition to hosting information on AWS. The audit involves a rigorous review of technology infrastructure and operational processes.
Additional security features include-
- Strong password security. All passwords are hashed. Hashing passwords means Roadmunk does have access to any of your passwords.
- Roadmunk does not store payment details. All payments go through their partner Stripe.
- All communication is secured using the industry standard Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- Roadmunk conducts annual third-party penetration testing to confirm that there are no technical vulnerabilities.
Aha! is ISO 27001 certified. ISO 27001 is an overarching management process to ensure information security. It also complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) processing of people's data in the European Union.
Aha!’s built-in security features includes-
- Single sign-on (SSO)
- Two-factor authentication (2FA)
- Sophisticated user permissions
- Activity stream (for audits)
- History of all changes (for audits)
- Features and ideas export
- Passcodes to secure presentations
- Data encryption at rest
Roadmunk vs Aha - Pros and Cons
- Easy to use and setup.
- Simple, straightforward and intuitive UI/UX.
- Swimlane and Timeline are great features for internal presentations.
- Custom workflows, Kanban board and time tracking are the highest rated features on G2.
- Some users complain that the date selection process from the calendar is time-consuming, A copy-paste option or letting users type in the date would be a better option.
- According to some users, it can sometimes lag or be slow.
- Customization of some features is not easy.
- Simple, easy to use and flexible in adapting to how users work,
- Users can clearly separate between vision and strategy. It allows users to attach personas to ideas and features.
- Kanban board, custom workflows, and customer ideation are the highest-rated features on G2.
- Some users are impressed with Aha! ability to organize suggestions/requests, combine similar items and organise them.
- The hierarchy of the theme/epic/story has issues lining up with Jira.
- Some users find it difficult to use and learn.
- Not exactly intuitive making things a bit slower to use.
To make it easier for you to compare, we have made this comparison board. Have a look.
Both Roadmunk and Aha! are efficient product management tools with different strengths. According to reviewers, Roadmunk is easier to use, set up and administer while Aha! is better for the overall business.
While both these tools are great for roadmap planning and execution, there have specific strengths and weaknesses. Roadmunk is great for customization and Aha! is great for strategy, and marketing planning. Businesses with these specific needs can make good use of the applications. But when it comes to providing a 360-degree experience in product management, it may not be desirable for some businesses.
This is where Zeda.io comes in. It is a complete product management suite created in the best interest of Product Managers, carefully considering all their pain points and requirements. Zeda.io offers a complete product management experience allowing users to build the right features with customer feedback where-
- Product Managers can sort and prioritise feedback requests,
- Analyse and prioritize features with the help of built-in prioritization frameworks like RICE or even create custom ones,
- Plan and co-ordinate efficiently with live roadmaps,
- Execute efficiently and integrate with your favourite tools.
- Zeda.io can integrate seamlessly with more than 50 tools including Jira, Slack, Zapier, Zendesk, Trello and most other productivity tools.
- Zeda.io’s support section contains detailed documentation and guides to help you proceed with onboarding as well as all other crucial activities of product management
Sign up to get started today!
Check the following comparisons as well:
Productboard vs. Aha!: Things You Need to Know
Productboard Vs. ProductPlan: Detailed Comparison
ProductPlan vs Aha!: Know the Differences
Table of content
Join 6000+ product managers
Subscribe to get our weekly product newsletter and helpful resources right into your inbox.