Product Updates - July 2022
We built Zeda.io keeping in mind exactly what a Product Manager would require to launch great products. Our user interface, features, and the platform as a whole keep evolving to cater to your needs better. What makes us even happier is that most of our feature improvements happened because of genuine feedback from our customers.
In this blog, we are super excited to share two new updates from the month of July that will make your work a whole lot easier as a Product Manager. Let’s take a look at what’s new:
Share release notes more seamlessly now
Every feature update you do in the product is important. Let your customers and cross-functional teams know what products, features, and improvements your team has been working on by precisely publishing a Release note of the same, during the time of your launch.
While Release Notes have been in Zeda.io for quite some time, here is what’s new?
We have revamped the entire look of Release notes, bringing a bunch of new significant functionalities. This new version gives you a very smooth usability while it carries the following enhancements.
1. Release Notes templates
Keep your release notes simple, including just the essential information around your changes—What, why, when, and how. Zeda.io has introduced four different templates you can choose from for sharing your release notes. You can edit the text in template to brief about your changes.
2. Category, tags, authors and more
- Your release note can be introducing a new feature, improving an existing feature or fixing a bug. Let your customer know exactly what the update is by displaying the relevant category and the date the update was made in the product.
- Map your release note to relevant tags. This helps you search for the desired release note in future.
- Let your team and customers know the real people behind the effort by tagging the respective product managers/owners as authors. The tagged authors can also collaborate on the release note to make it better for their customers.
3. Choose your channels and audience
- Sharing your release note with your customers and stakeholders is as important as the update in itself. Zeda.io now lets you publish your release notes on all the ideal platforms, your team and customers hang out on, such as Slack, emails, customers portal and widgets.
- Be it your workspace members or customers, you will have the control to choose who should access the release note.
4. Preview and publish
Make sure you and the collaborators are happy with the release note before publishing it by having a quick preview of it.
Would you like to create release notes for the upcoming launch in your Zeda.io workspace? You can read our step-by-step user guide here.
A whole new approach with features module
The features module is now accessible in just one click and with the new improvements in place, working with your feature requests is a breeze. You can define all your feature requests at a workspace level and each feature can function independently.
1. Create your own view
Filter the features the way you want based on their status, priority, assignee, etc and save those features as a custom view for future reference. What’s more? You can have these custom views private to yourself or keep it open to your workspace members.
2. Group by preference
Take better decisions by helping yourself display features by groups—by assignee, products they are mapped to, priority, etc. For example, you can group features by their priority level and those under high priority need to be tracked for their completion status.
3. Define dependencies and sub features
- When a feature’s planning involves information or ideas from another feature, you can perhaps map that as a dependent feature here. This will keep the respective product managers working on the dependent features informed upfront.
- If feature A demands its functionalities to be tied up tightly with your feature B, you can create feature A as a sub feature of feature B.
4. Link feedback and modules
You can keep track of the feature development and the relevant details by consuming them in a more structured way.
Attach feedback: A feedback icon comes handy with every feature’s detailed view and you can access it instantly to learn what all feedback have been aligned to this particular feature.
Link modules: You can make stakeholder collaboration easy by linking important files such as your stats, design and analytics, etc. This helps all your peers access everything they want with regard to the feature.
5. Collaborate seamlessly between product and tech teams [Zeda.io X Jira]
Your product and tech teams have absolutely nothing to worry about with the tight integration that Zeda.io provides with Jira. You can collaborate with the engineering team by importing projects from Jira to Zeda.io workspace, sending features from Zeda.io to Jira, and having data auto-synced between the two platforms.
Would you like to explore the Features module in your Zeda.io workspace? You can read our step-by-step user guide here.
Try out these new updates!
We hope you liked our updates today. If you have any comments or feedback, feel free to share them here. Don’t forget to watch this space for more interesting product management tips and tricks that will help you build impactful products.
Join 5000+ product managers
Subscribe to get our weekly product newsletter and helpful resources right into your inbox.