Best Resources for Product Management
Like Rome was not built in a day, the same way you can’t master your skills just like that. One needs to be consistent and dedicated to learning whatever new comes their way. Understanding the curiosity of aspiring Product Managers to learn all about Product Management. We here have tried to gather some relevant and best sources to refer to. We don’t claim this will give you 100% professional mastery but these sources will help you to build a good base about product management.
It’s important to keep yourself updated with good knowledge about new market trends and technology, no matter what field you belong to. Take out some time to utilize these resources well and do all that it takes to be a Master.
We have tried to incorporate 5 blogs under each category. This guide is an alternate route to perusing the perpetual learning openings out there. It’s an assortment of hand-picked assets explicitly for the item in the management field. Bookmark it for future reference.
1. Product Vision
Product Vision is the description that depicts the long term mission of your product. It describes the essence of the product answering all the questions from WHAT are the problems we are solving, for WHOM we are making this product to WHEN are we developing this product. Following are some sources to get good hands in articulating the vision.
- How to write a product vision statement
- 8 TIPS FOR CREATING A COMPELLING PRODUCT VISION
- How To Create A Convincing Product Vision To Guide Your Team
- 4 Experts Reveal How to Create a Strong Product Vision
- What is product vision
A Roadmap is a strategic plan or technique which helps to define the goal. It also determines the timeline for implementing features and requirements that align with your strategy. It serves as the communication tool which tells about the product progress to the clients and executives in meetings. It helps to communicate product strategy and important implementations to the stakeholders. Below are the sources which will give you in-depth knowledge about Roadmaps.
- What is a roadmap?
- Agile roadmaps: build, share, use, evolve
- Product roadmap template and tips to build an agile roadmap
- 3 Different Types of Roadmaps Every PM Needs to Master
- Introduction to product roadmaps
- Roadmap Basics
As a product manager, it is important to strategize your product according to the problem. It is a system where goals and vision work together to align the team to reach the desired outcome. It characterizes what you need to accomplish, provides context around the market that you operate in, and guides the large themes of work that will help you to achieve your objectives. Below we have listed a few sources which will help you in framing the strategy for your products.
- A Primer on Business Strategy From Hamilton Helmer’s 7 Powers
- Product > Strategy > Business Model
- What is a Good Product Strategy?
- Product Strategy vs. Go-to-Market Strategy
- How Superhuman Built an Engine to Find Product/Market Fit
Product Prioritization is the process of assessing the overall importance of work, ideas, and requests to eliminate wasteful practices. A product manager can’t complete everything, hurdles may come on their way. Sometimes priorities might change, funds may scarce or reallocation of the resources may take place. So in all these scenarios, a Product Manager should always be careful about what has to be done on priority. Here are some sources below which will help you to master this skill of prioritization.
- 20 Product Prioritization Techniques: A Map and Guided Tour
- Feature prioritization in product management: the key to building products that sell
- The Best Prioritization Tools & Methods for Product Managers
- Product Roadmap Prioritization: Weighted Scoring or the Kano Model? [+Webinar]
- RICE: Simple prioritization for product managers
Product design is the process of creating a product that fulfills the user’s needs and meets business goals. It is the process of imagining and creating a product according to user problems. Product design plays a major role in creating the user experience memorable. The impact can get both positive and negative depending on how effective the solution we gave to their problems. Listing down some blogs and sources which will help you to understand more about designs.
- Themes: A Small Change to Product Roadmaps with Large Effects
- Position, Position, Position!
- UX Crash Course : 31 Fundamentals
- On Writing Product Specs
- Product Designers: Artists of the Intangible
Developing a product is not just enough. Product managers also need to ensure that the product they have built is reaching their right audience and solving their problems or not. For that to happen, the Product growth manager has to ensure that users are reaching that product or not. Product growth helps customers and users to find value within that product. Here is the list of some blogs which will help you to grow your business at a much faster rate.
- What’s next in growth?
- Product Channel Fit Will Make or Break Your Growth Strategy
- The Growth Pyramid Revisited
- Growth Hacking Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Yes, Product Managers Should be Growth Hackers and Here’s Why
Analytics is the most effective way to measure the success of your product. It tells you about the valuable insights of day to day activities carried out in different parts of the product. Not just that, It also tells about how your business is growing. This tool analyzes raw data and converts that into useful information which later helps in decision making. Following are some sources to know more about analytics in product management.
- 5 Top Analytics Tools That Are Product Managers’ Best Friend
- What is product management analytics?
- Product Management 101: Product Analytics
- What is Product Analytics?
- Product analytics 101: A beginner’s guide
So these were some resources that we feel will help you to build a good base for product management. Hope this blog will add some value to your knowledge. If you find this blog helpful then do not forget to bookmark these blogs and share them with your friends. Besides, if you are looking for the perfect product management tool to level up your product management game, you search ends at Zeda.io! Visit our website to learn more!
Happy Learning !!
Table of content
Join 6000+ product managers
Subscribe to get our weekly product newsletter and helpful resources right into your inbox.